Thursday, May 21, 2020

Ain't I a great server?

I am 2 years old. I had a wrapper in the beginning. Slowly, my cloth started carrying dirt and I looked shabby. As a result, my dress was thrown away. I was naked, the way I was born. I still am. 
I have some scars on one side now. I had fallen from the height of 4 feet once on the concrete floor. Few other times, I had slipped from the hand onto the marble floor. Those scars are the result of those accidents. 
But I do my duty. I am used for talking to each other, connecting throughout the world, checking news, learning new things, anything that my owner wants me to do. 
Of late, I have become more useful as people are locked up in their houses. I serve as an education provider and earn bread and butter for my owner. I am handy and can be carried other times too when the owner needs break in between the duty but has to remain available. 
But the sad part is, my efficiency is decreasing as I am working overtime now. I am exhausted. I consume a lot of electricity to keep me going. It takes longer to be fully charged. I have become slow too. 
However, I am happy to serve as long as I live. Please handle me with care. I want to live more. 

No comments: