Friday, October 24, 2008

DUMPSTER

Date: 03/16/2005
Dumpster
Dumpster Representatives
Nepal
To,
The Human Beings
Nepal
Subject: Listen to Me!

Dear People,
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to express myself। I’m a dumpster. I’m speaking on behalf of all the dumpsters of our country. I’ll be pouring out myself and sharing my experiences with you today.

I’ve many friends-garbage, flies, mosquitoes, waste products and many more। I live and play with them most of the time. But one thing is for sure-I keep on making new friends. I don’t have best friends, neither something like oldest friends. My friends keep varying with times. Sometimes, the old ones come to visit me when I’m surrounded by plenty of friends. Really, I enjoy so much then.

But often I find myself miserable। One of the reasons that makes me such is the grabbing away of my friends and making me remain all alone. Whenever I am fully filled up, somebody comes and snatches all my dear ones making me miserable. Poor me! I’ve to wait then for the time being for a new friend to come.

Besides this, I’ve other complaint as well। It is all because of me people are healthy and fine. The wastage they throw in me make them sick if not thrown away. But what do they do when they look at me? They shrink their nose and spit by my side. This just irritates me. Not only it’s me who is badly looked upon. Even my friends have been ill-treated. I once heard a saying by a great man-“Tell me who your friends are and I will say who you are.” Maybe it is through this saying humans have created a perception towards us. But, you need to thank us for making your environment clean.

While talking about my company, it’s not only friends that I have। I’m bound to face my enemies as well. Plastics, irons, crumbled glasses, decayed wastages all make me overloaded. Sometimes, I start pouring out also. These all can be utilized by people if they have a desire. I need not explain how. So, think over it.

During my lifetime, I’ve come over some moments when I was provided humans as friends। You must be getting confused. Well, there were some new born babies provided to me, whether left to decay or for somebody to notice them I don’t know. However, I wonder at their cruel mothers. Oh, heartless mothers ! I’ve nothing more to say for them.

Now I would like to make you clear that there are positive aspects of me as well which you surely can find on your keen observation towards me। If you don’t possess that power, I’ll let you know. You better listen. It is because of me your environment is clean. No doubt about it. My friends also help a lot in that matter. some animals don’t have enough to eat. We are good providers for them, especially the dogs. The other quality that we possess is our big size. So, there is no need for you to worry on where to store the waste materials. You can use small utensils whatever you feel convenient for you to store for the time being and then later transfer them into me. You can use me daily. Through this, I help you economically as well. I would like to further add that we play a role in helping our nation also. People work as employers and earn some money too. Unemployment really seems a big problem these days. Besides all these, I play a very important part in preventing the environment pollution. Just imagine a day without me. Where are you to throw the wastages? Garbage and garbage everywhere ! Life will be horrible for you.

At last, what I would like to say is each and every object present in the world has value and importance in its own way. We all should be performing our duty when required. I, as a dumpster, have been trying to help you in whatever the way I can. Really speaking, I am not a pleasant thing to look upon. But as it is said “Beauty lies in the eyes of a beholder,” let’s learn to appreciate at times. It is my most humble request to you.
Thank you for having patience to listen to me. I hope to hearing from you soon in the future.

Wishing for the betterment of a nation,

Yours faithfully,
A Dumpster

1 comment:

gamla said...

Human is a ‘so called’ rational being dear dumpster.. but lets hope things will turn round in near future and we’ll be living in healthy environment..